Terms and conditions of training 2022-2023
1.1 Students must enrol at the dance institute in writing by using the electronic enrolment form. Students are accepted in order of enrolment, that is, on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment forms submitted by students below the age of 18 must be verified by one of their parents or guardians. Enrolment for special classes is arranged separately.
1.2 Students can participate in classes once the enrolment has been completed appropriately.
§ 2 DURATION OF THE ENROLMENT
2.1 Enrolment will remain valid from the beginning of the autumn term through the entire spring term, i.e. from 15 August 2022 to 2 June 2023. Once the enrolment form is submitted, the student or their parent/guardian commits to pay the tuition fee for both terms (autumn and spring).
2.2 Tuition fees will not be refunded if the student drops out during the term. When the student has participated in one class, it is considered that they have started the term and the entire tuition fee will fall due.
§ 3 CANCELLATION OF ENROLMENT
3.1. Autumn term 15 August–22 December 2022
If a student wishes to cancel a place they have reserved in the spring/summer for the next term, written notification of the cancellation must be submitted to the student office of the dance institute by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, through our website at https://www.lprto.fi/muutosilmoitukset/, or by post no later than on 15 August 2022. This deadline also applies to changes regarding classes for which the student has already enrolled.
Spring term 9 January–2 June 2023
If a student will not participate in classes in the spring term, written notification of this decision must be submitted to the student office of the dance institute by email to email@example.com, through our website at https://www.lprto.fi/muutosilmoitukset/, or by post no later than 30 November 2022. This deadline also applies to changes regarding classes for which the student has already enrolled.
3.2 Teachers will not accept notifications on cancellation of studies or class changes.
3.3 If the appropriate notification concerning cancellation of studies has not been submitted within the aforementioned period, and if the student does not participate in classes in the spring or autumn term, a penalty of 50 euros will be charged.
§ 4 FEES
4.1 The tuition fee will be invoiced at the beginning of the autumn and the spring terms, and will be sent to the email address provided by the payer. A separate invoice will be sent on any additional purchases, e.g. regarding dance equipment. The term of payment of the invoices is 14 days.
4.2 In addition to the tuition fee, an enrolment fee of 25 euros is charged from new students of Lappeenrannan Tanssiopisto. This fee covers the administrative expenses relating to the registration of a new student.
4.3 The non-resident fee is 45 euros per term. The non-resident fee will be charged from students who study at Lappeenrannan Tanssiopisto and who live in a municipality with which the dance institute has not signed a contract for the provision of basic education in the arts of dance. In 2022–2023, the contract for the provision of basic education in the arts of dance is valid in the Lappeenranta, Lemi, Luumäki, and Taipalsaari municipalities.
4.4 The family discount on the tuition fee:
- -7,5% per student when 2 students from the same household participate in the classes;
- -15% per student when 3 or more students from the same household participate in the classes.
4.5 If arrangements are needed to adjust the payment schedule, the parent/guardian must contact the student office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). After the first reminder invoice, a 5 euro fee will be charged for each reminder invoice sent. In the unfortunate event that overdue fees must be forwarded by the institute to a debt recovery agency, the student or their guardian will be responsible for paying any costs resulting from the recovery, in addition to the notification expenses incurred by the dance institute and the valid penalty interest that is calculated on the overdue student fees from the invoice due date onwards. The student cannot continue their studies in the next term until the overdue fees have been paid in full, or until a payment plan has been agreed upon with the student office for the outstanding payments.
4.6 Each year, some students of the dance institute can be exempted from the fees or awarded a grant to support their studies. Exemption and grant applications must be submitted to the student office of the dance institute by email to email@example.com or by post. For further information, please contact the rector or the student office, or visit www.lprto.fi.
§ 5 ABSENCES
5.1 The teacher or student office should be informed of absences due to illness or some other reason by email or by sending a text message to the teacher’s mobile phone.
5.2 Occasional absences do not entitle students to reimbursement of fees, either fully or in part.
5.3 When the absence due to illness lasts for over a month, payment changes can be negotiated with the dance institute starting on the date the sickness leave was prescribed by a doctor. The sick leave recommendation must be delivered to the student office.
5.4 The guardian will be contacted if the student has been absent without notification from more than three subsequent classes.
§ 6 GENERAL
- The duration of the class is 45/60/75/90 min, including roll call.
- In case of remote classes, the student or their guardian must have access to a suitable device (e.g. a computer, tablet computer, or smart phone).
- The list of holidays will be published on the dance institute’s website.
- The student fee includes 35-37 study weeks, depending on the curriculum of the particular group. In the fortress unit of the dance institute, the curriculum is 37 study weeks / year for all groups. In the satellite units, i.e. Joutseno, Ruoholampi, Myllymäki, Pontus and Luumäki, the curriculum is 35 study weeks / year for all groups.
- Transcript of all studies can be requested from the student office during the term.
§ 7 COMPENSATIONAL LIABILITY OF THE DANCE INSTITUTE
- The teachers’ responsibility for the students is limited to the classes.
- The dance institute has a group accident insurance that covers all students of the dance institute. Contact the dance institute’s office for more information.
- Any dance classes that have been cancelled by the dance institute will be rescheduled as required (see the study weeks/term specified in the curriculum). The dance teacher of the group will inform the students of the date and time of the compensatory class.
- The dance institute will not provide compensation for students who have arrived to cancelled classes if the student office has not been provided correct addresses and work, home or mobile phone numbers.
- The dance institute is not responsible for any items left in the dressing rooms or in the corridor.
§ 8 RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES
The dance institute reserves the right to make changes to the contents of the teaching based on changes in classes, teachers, and locations within the scope of the curriculum.
Lappeenranta 19 April 2022
Lappeenrannan Tanssiopiston Kannatusyhdistys ry (Lappeenranta Dance Institute Support Association)
Board of Directors